In partnership with Livewell Derby, we support men to get fitter, eat better and manage their weight using exercise and nutrition regimes.
Over two thirds of men are currently overweight or obese. And being overweight is a key risk factor for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some cancers – all major killers. We’re here to help you lose weight, get fitter and minimise your risks so you can keep up with the kids without getting out of breath.
By joining Active Supporters, you will have access to:
- A free gym and swim membership for Derby City Council Leisure Centres (Derby Arena, Queen’s Leisure Centre, Springwood Leisure Centre) once a commitment to the programme is demonstrated.
- Access to a wide range of exercise sessions including football, bootcamp, circuits and more.
- Group activities tailored to men’s health issues and male motivations to lose weight.
- Regular support and encouragement to help you self-monitor weight, eating and activity levels.
- Group support with like-minded people, to share and learn from each other.
- Support to help manage any specific medical conditions alongside losing weight.
Who can join?
- Adults, aged 18 and over
- Registered to a Derby City GP practice
- Have a BMI of 30+ or 27.5 for people of South Asian origin. Click here to calculate your BMI.
- You are ineligible if you have already been on the Livewell weight management programme.
Sign up below or call the office on 01332 416140 or email [email protected] to find out more.
We are hosting 2 sign up sessions at Pride Park Stadium on 30th April and 14th May. Come and have a chat with our advisors, learn more about the programme and take part in a stadium tour!
Register an interest below and an advisor will get in touch to confirm your attendance: