Derby County Community Trust Football and Education Programme
In partnership with local education providers, Derby County Community Trust’s Football and Education programme is an extraordinary platform that gives talented young individuals the chance continue their full-time academic studies whilst receiving professional football coaching four days a week with a weekly fixture.
The programme is designed to give 16 to 18-year-olds the best opportunity to gain A Level, NCFE or BTEC qualifications while training and competing in an elite football programme. Our coaches will be on hand to provide proper guidance to help participants find the correct balance of being a student athlete. Additionally, we will combine the technical, tactical, psychological and physical facets of the game to promote the development of both their studies and play.
On the pitch, the programme looks to test the players’ ability at the highest level of play outside of academy football. Competing in regional and national leagues will give players the opportunity to also trial at local semi-professional and professional clubs.
Other benefits of the programme include:
- Access to high quality coaching and daily access to a UEFA Licensed qualified coaching team
- Official match and training kit
- Behind the scenes look at Derby County Football Club
- Mentoring of students by football coaches
- Support with academic studies by specialists at the college
- Additional sports coaching qualifications available alongside studies
- Opportunities for work experience and volunteering with Derby County Community Trust
- Potential employment opportunities
We work in learning venues across the county and currently run programmes at:
- Derby Rugby Club
- Chesterfield College
- Friesland School
- University of Derby
- Belper Leisure Centre
Virtual Open Days
Due to the current lockdown, our Education Team are hosting two Virtual Open Days for future students.
The Virtual Open Days will be held on Tuesday 24th, Thursday 26th November and Tuesday 1st December at 6.00pm.
They will each be structured in the following order:
- Overall Presentation
- Education information
- Football information
Please complete and submit the form below to register your interest for your preferred date.
Or, contact our Education Team on 01332 416140 or email at email@example.com.